Bordeaux Grand CruCycling holiday - France - Haut Medoc
Cycling past world famous wineries
- 7 days
- Half board (3x) / Bed and breakfast (3x)
- Hotels with luggage transport
- Pauillac, Margaux, Bourg, Virsac, Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux
- Cycling past world famous wineries
- Wine castles and wine tastings
- Haut-Médoc and Dordogne
- Distance per day 31-54 km
Bordeaux Grand Cru
Via the Route de la Corniche, a narrow road between high cliffs and the Gironde, you cycle to Bourg-sur-Gironde. Due to its strategic location at the point where the Dordogne and Garonne meet in the Gironde, the pretty village of Bourg has played an important role in local history for centuries. You will stay here in a castle or in a castle further down in Virsac.Dag 4 - Bourg or Virsac to Saint-Émilion - 41 or 53 kmOn the third cycling day you will drive through the renowned vineyards of Fronsac, Pomerol (Pétrus) and Saint-Émilion. Just like on the other cycling days, you will pass many mansions. The route ends with a short climb to the hillside of Saint-Émilion, a place of pilgrimage for many wine lovers. The land here is so suitable for winemaking that the vineyards extend to the city walls.Day 5 - Day off or tour from Saint-Émilion - 16 or 34 kmThis day you have plenty of time to visit this well-preserved medieval town and enjoy the Premiers Crus Classés. You can also take a tour through the area where wine has been cultivated since the 3rd century. The city and the surrounding area are on the UNESCO World Heritage List because of the wine landscape and historical monuments.
Day 6 - Saint-Émilion to Bordeaux - 54 kmOn the last cycling day you cross the Dordogne at Branne and follow a cycle path for 30 kilometers along a former railway track through the beautiful landscape of the white wine region of Entre-deux-Mers. In the village of La Sauve you can visit the Sauve-Majeure abbey (11th century). You can reach the port and wine town of Bordeaux on a cycle path along the Garonne. Your hotel is located in the middle of the 18th century center. It is rightly said that after Paris, Bordeaux is the most beautiful city in France, but much more compact, so that you can explore the city on foot.Day 7 - Departure
Details Leistungen Bordeaux Grand Cru
Arrival day: every day
- Rental bikes and E-bikes available. Current prices can be found at 'Prices & Dates'
- Prices of additional services, half board and extensions can be found at 'Prices & Dates'
- GPS tracks and maps included
- If you arrive with your own car: transfer from Bordeaux to Pauillac on the last day included
- If you arrive by train/plane: transfer from Bordeaux station/airport to the first hotel in Pauillac included
- Ferry Lamarque-Blaye (day 3) included
- Not included: entrance to castles, wine castles and wine tastings
- Free parking at the first hotel
Inspiration für den nächsten Urlaub
Your wishes come first
Your wishes are very important to us. Do you want to travel on other days or extend your holiday with extra days? Our employees are are happy to inform you about the possibilities. Please contact us by phone or email.