Weinviertel & Iron Curtain TrailCycling holiday - Austria - Austria
- 8 days
- Half board (3x) / Bed and breakfast (4x)
- Cycling through the vineyards
- Luggage transport
- Hotels with luggage transport
- Retz, Laa an der Thaya, Valtice, Poysdorf, Mailberg
- Wine and history
- Castles Mikulov, Valtice and Lednice
- Distance per day 22-55 km
Weinviertel & Iron Curtain Trail
Then you leave Valtice while climbing and you pass the Austrian border. From a panoramic road you look out over the fields and the vineyards. You will reach Poysdorf, largely on winding roads through the vineyards. Day 6 - Poysdorf to Mailberg - 51 kmFollowing the Grüner Veltliner cycle route you will leave Poysdorf through the vineyards. From afar you can see the castle of Staatz situated amidst the rolling fields on a lonely mountain. With some spicy climbs you cycle through farming villages to the old wine region around Mailberg. Here you will sleep in a beautifully maintained 12th century castle.Day 7 - Mailberg to Retz - 51 kmFrom your castle hotel you cycle right between the vineyards with again endless views. Initially you follow the Portugese cycle route and then you arrive through an open landscape of sunflowers and pumpkins at the lookout tower on the Sandberg, an important Celtic settlement 2000 years ago. From here you follow the Weinviertel DAC cycle route over the rolling wine hills back to Retz.Day 8 - Departure or extensionYour tour ends after breakfast. You can of course extend your tour with an extra night in Retz.
Details Leistungen Weinviertel & Iron Curtain Trail
Arrival day: every day
- Rental bikes and E-bikes available. Current prices can be found at 'Prices & Dates'
- Prices of additional services and extensions can be found at 'Prices & Dates'
- GPS tracks and maps included
- Parking: in the hotel's parking garage (paid)
Inspiration für den nächsten Urlaub
Your wishes come first
Your wishes are very important to us. Do you want to travel on other days or extend your holiday with extra days? Our employees are are happy to inform you about the possibilities. Please contact us by phone or email.